SN Maschinenbau develops and produces horizontal form, fill, and seal (FFS) machines for a variety of applications and is a global market leader for pouch packaging machines.
>40 Mio. € Sales
>75% Export percentage
260 Employees worldwide
What did SN Maschinenbau want to achieve with the new machine concept?
- Economic and technological machine installation advantages
- Generation of functional assemblies using decentralized automation technology
SN Maschinenbau on the new machine concept and working with Murrelektronik:
- In terms of installation technology, decentralized automation meant replacing terminal boxes with compact SOLID67 I/O modules to make on-site installation safer and simpler.
- Standardized, modular assemblies make connections more efficient. A multiprotocol interface makes construction with function macros considerably easier while cutting down on processing time and avoiding errors.
- Preassembly benefits from electrical installation preparation and final assembly benefits thanks to plug-and-play interfaces that allow for direct IO-Link connection from the assemblies to the bus node.